lobster tails


I got lobster tails about a year ago and burned them. It was so sad. Then last month I volunteered at a cooking class where they were serving lobster. I figured for 8 hours of chopping vegetables, serving food to strangers and washing dishes I would at least learn how to prepare lobster tails. And I did.


Steaming lobster is the easiest way to prepare them and the cooking process makes them plump. Simply place the tails in a steamer basket over hig
h steam for about 10 minutes. Once they are done, remove and allow to cool until ready to handle. Then take some kitchen scissors and slice the bottom of the tail open. Usually they pop right out whole like this one did, and if it doesn't, it still tastes like lobster, so no biggie.


The shells make amazing lobster stock, which will keep in the freezer for a few months.


I served lobster risotto, but they make any dish elegant, especially pasta. To make them more decadant, brush some compound butter over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.